The plant was founded in 1756 by a merchant Akim V. Maltsov.
It was the time of the beginning glass industry development in Russia and of
the producing of the glassware for daily use. The
Crystal Plant of Gus - Khrustalny was the first to be present at the market
offering an accessible assortment of production: made of plain glass, there
were jars, carafes, glasses, etc. Famous carafes with cocks, bouquets produced
in Gus - Khrustalny became well known in Russia and all over the world. From
the moment of foundation, crystal had been manufactured there. Maltsov's crystal
has quickly got recognition in Russian market. At the first All - Russian exhibition
of manufactured production Maltsov was rewarded with a Great golden medal for
"an excellent crystal". High quality of was noticed in following years. In 1857
the Crystal Plant was allowed to depict
on the items the state coat of arms of Russia. In the reports of manufactures
issued in these years Gus - Khrustalny is represented as "an only Russian crystal
production", which worked using exceptionally Russian raw materials and fuel,
and also with only Russian personal (about 4000 of people work there at the
present moment). The plant executed the orders of tsar's court and supplied
unique crystal production for the shah of Iran. Maltsov's crystal production
was used for the cavalier and common tables and in suburban palaces of emperor.
The circle of objects delivered to the all - Russian market was wide: from the
kitchen ware up to church-plates from the simplest, the cheapest things for
using in the household up to the most expensive, the greatest carved things
were produced there. Traditional technologies developed and everything new which
appeared in European artistic glass production was appropriated by the plant.
The best production executed by the masters of the plant was represented at
and has won prizes for originality and high level of the professional mastership.
At the Universal exhibition in Paris in 1900 the production has won the highest
prize "Grand Prix". In 50-th years professional artists came to the plant. An
organized laboratory began to create a new assortment of production. In our
time the ancient plant assimilates a big staff of artists - masters of decorative
art and has the statute of the artistic production. In September 1990 the International
symposium of artists took place with participators of many famous artists from
Spain, England, Germany, USA, France, Netherlands and masters from Ukraine,
Baltic states, Russia. The specialists representing different trends of glass
production were united there. In our days Crystal Plant Ltd. produces a wide
assortment of colored and colorless crystal, colored and colorless laid-on glass.
Select what would you like to know about our products